Sunday, January 25, 2009

Where Does the Time Go?

I don't just mean where do the hours in the day go. As mothers, grandmothers, aunts, wives, friends, employees, caretakers, we all know that there just are not enough hours in the day to accomplish everything that we have to do. Though I must say, I do know some women that can squeeze much more out of 24 hours than I manage to (my sister - the "third momma", and my mother, for instance). One of my resolutions this year is to become a list-maker, and so far I am getting a little better about that, though I still have a long way to go.

And what was my point, again?

Oh, that's right....time. Time in general just slips by so quickly that, at times, something comes along and....SMACK! I realize just how much time truly does fly.

Today, I went to my neice's 5th birthday. Now, I know that 5 is still young. But, cliched though it may sound, it really does seem like just yesterday that Ashley, Kelly and I were all three giddy with the anticipation of three little babies. And now, those babies are turning 5. It just blows my mind, and I know that I am going to turn around one day soon and they'll be 10, then 15, then 20...
You know, everyone always told me this would happen, but it is shocking nonetheless. I try to reflect on these sorts of moments and turn them into something productive...I want to channel this crazy feeling into making more of the time with my little guys. I want to keep them babies as long as I can, though at almost 5, my oldest is really more of a "kid" than baby at this point. Maybe this is why I catch a hard time from some of my husband's friends about dressing him the way I do...? Oh, well. As they say, they are only little once!

At any rate, I am dazed, tired, and off to bed. However, I will leave you with a few more pictures from the end of last week...(you knew there had to be SOME reason you were reading this!!):


Patch Dress with Pink Anchor Patch

Boys Peter Pan Shirt with Blue Anchors/Bloomers
Swim Top with Blue Palm Trees, Swim Skirt bottoms
A-Line Top with Carriage Applique, Bloomers
The entire collection will be at www.threemommas.com in the next couple of days, and some other neat things are coming up there as well, so check it out soon. We have also added lots of shows, and will update the dates/locations early this week.
Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. I found the Columbia show! I went this morning...such cute clothes!

    ReplyDelete