Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Technology, How I Loathe Thee...

Okay, so that's sort of a strong statement. I mean, obviously, I really like technology...might even love technology...much of the time.

Wish technology felt the same way about me.

Some of you might recall that faithful day in February when I finally got my Blackberry. Oh, the joy I felt at being constantly connected to my email, never being required to open my computer to see what was going on with work or my friends. And then, you might recall that day in March when we accidentally ran over said Blackberry, and the misery that followed.

Insurance claim #1, Blackberry #2.

Then, last week...dropped the new Blackberry and the screen died.

Insurance claim #2, Blackberry #3.

I also have a Canon Rebel digital camera with all the lenses and other cool accessories...takes great pictures and I love, love, love it. Pulled it out to do pictures of the Fall/Winter line a couple of weeks ago. Won't power up. Sad, sad, sad.

I receive an Amazon Kindle for Christmas. It was backordered until March (you know Oprah and her Favorite Things) and the day I received it was a day I will never forget...And this weekend, the screen went out. Boo, hoo, hoo.

And now...my laptop. Thing goes crazy 2 weeks ago and apparently has about 42,753 viruses on it. I just dropped it off with the computer folks, and am using my dinosaur laptop. Might cost more to repair than a new computer.

Maybe I will get my Macintosh G4 cube fixed instead (oh yeah, that broke like 2 years ago).

Guess I am just feeling a little sorry for my tech-challenged self. Or, maybe the moral of the story is.....

Don't loan me your iPod??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment