Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My baby is in K-5....

When did this happen? Some days it hits me as strange that I am a mother - much less the mother of a kindergartener!

How? When? I just got out of college! I am only 23, right?

Right? I mean...well...

Uh, um...no. Guess not.

That would have been...oh, let's see...about TEN YEARS AGO?????!!

I look at this little guy - or not-so-little-guy - just as excited as he can be, in his uniform, complete with belt (his favorite grown-up part) and backpack, and just cannot believe how quickly time passes. It really does seem like just a few years ago my biggest concern was what to wear to the Chi-O date function and if I could pull an all-nighter in preparation for exams. I remember the day he was born and it feels as though it was only a year or two ago, yet there he goes, getting on the school bus, heading to the same campus at which I spent my K-5 year.

Enough sentimentality from me. I know you are all going through it about now, whether yours are starting K, preschool, high school or college. But I have to say, starting school has made me realize that being a mother has truly been the most wonderful, painful, enlightening, comedic, thrilling, adventurous, anxious, nerve-wracking, spontaneous, emotional and happiest experience of my life thus far, and I wake up every day looking forward to (and worrying about) what it will bring next!

Goodnight, my mommy-friends! You are all fantabulous mommas, and I wish you a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment